Garrett External Wastegate GVW-50 Silver
High flowing external wastegates for turbocharged racing and performance engines
Garrett External Wastegates regulate turbocharger shaft speed by venting exhaust gas around the turbine stage of the turbocharger. CFD optimized design maximizes flow and delivers optimum boost control. Advanced thermal optimization increases durability of the diaphragm. The cap design makes spring changes and serviceability of the entire GVW lineup easier and more reliable to perform.
Garrett External wastegates are created by the engineers that designed G-Series and GTX Gen II turbochargers. Available in three sizes: 40mm | 45mm | 50mm and four color combinations: Red | Blue | Black | Silver. The valve housing is cast from high temp stainless steel and rated for exhaust temperatures up to 1050° C. The Nomex reinforced elastomer diaphragm provides exceptional durability and fatigue resistance.
GVW wastegates are set to 1 Bar | 14.5 PSI of base pressure and can be configured from 0.2 Bar | 2.9 PSI - 1.7 Bar | 24.7 PSI (considering 1:1 backpressure). The actuator design allows for multiple air/liquid fitting orientations. All fasteners, springs,
fittings, V-bands, clamps, and flanges included.
- CFD tested for maximum flow and thermal efficiency
- Optimized actuation stability and temperature resistance for superior
- Replaceable valve and bushing components to increase service life
- Robust design for easy diaphragm replacement
- Liquid-cooled actuator ports for use on severe applications
(up to 52% reduction in body temp)
- Anodized aluminum actuator cover
- Four Colors: Red | Blue | Black | Silver
- Three Sizes: 40mm | 45mm | 50mm
- Springs | Fittings | Flanges | V-bands included
- Standard Base Pressure: 1 Bar | 14.5 PSI
- Maximum Base Pressure:
GVW-50: 23 PSI | 1.6 Bar
- Minimum Base Pressure: 3 PSI | 0.2 Bar
Wastegate Flange Specs
- GVW-50: Inlet OD 68.0mm | 2.68in Outlet OD 63.5mm | 2.50in (Interchangeable with Turbosmart Gen V ProGate 50)